Soon some news on the Gender issue

The forum deals with specific issues faced by women in agrometeorology, such as their under-representation in most agrometeorological institutions, or the greater vulnerability of women and children in natural disasters such as floods.

Moderator: rossi

Soon some news on the Gender issue

Postby rossi » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:30 am

Dear INSAM members, I was in Geneva few days ago to participate to the Conference on Gender dimension on weather and climate Services. If you want more info on this general issue, the link is http://www.wmo.int/genderconference/node/349
And you may also find link to the registrered conference, and watch it if you are interested.
I think that women action and women involvement either as active agrometeorologists and expert and as users is a very important and sensible topic, so I invite all INSAM Members, and mainly women to come up with a short notification on this forum ..it would be nice to create an interattive dialogue between us about how to support and implement and differentiate when feasible the weather and climate info to make it more available and more useful.
If you are willingness to join informally this Group , please answer to this note , we can try to dedicate few time consumiing but high value efforts to support women farmers, technicals, accademia, and grow better together.
rossi

Return to Gender issues